Friday, January 11, 2013

Portlandia

I got in some sketching over the Holidays up in Portland-one of my favourite American cities.

 View from the hotel window downtown
 The famous food trucks of Portland



 Cameron's Books-great for 2nd hand treasure hunting!

 Portland apparently has the highest number of strip clubs per capita!

Just visible behind The Living room cinema is 'The World's Greatest Bookstore'- Powell's Books

 The Art Museum had some impressive Greek sculpture in their 'Body Beautiful' exhibition

 The Modern Art section had a great range of sculpture; Hepworth, Moore, Rodin, Lipchitz

 And last but not least the people of Portland

11 comments:

Michael said...

These are freakin sweet!

docnad said...

Great stuff!

Phil Spehar said...

I agree these are awesome!

Jesse said...

so good.. thanks for sharing matt.

Avner Geller said...

Inspiring as always, Matt!

Lou Holsten said...

Mmm mmm these are simply amazing, Matt!

Alan said...

Tremendous! I visited Portland last year (from UK). These sketches reminded me of so much: view from my hotel, the food trucks, bookstores. I didn't see any strip joints though!

Anonymous said...

Love all of these, Matt!

Matt Jones said...

Thanks for the words of support friends!

Yon said...

Such lovely sketches Matt!! How inspiring!!!!!!!

Joel Brinkerhoff said...

I'm in Portland and you are spot on with these. Really lovely work!